Check out all the upcoming USTA sanctioned adult & junior tournaments in WNC – City of Asheville Open Tennis Championships, Banana Open, Apple Open, Country Club of Asheville Summer Classic Junior Tournament – go to NC TENNIS, click on tournaments and search by name.
FREE 10 and Under Training at Aston Park taught by Phil Kuntz of the USTA, Thursday, May 25th, 4:30-6:30 pm. If you teach tennis or desire to teach (or help) teach tennis to beginners, including adults, we hope you will join us for this clinic. Last year we had middle/high school kids, coaches, area pros, representatives from the Asheville YWCA and Asheville Park and Recreation as well as volunteers who had an interest in learning this engaging way of teaching tennis to beginners. Click here to register.
Looking to learn how to play tennis? Know someone who wants to learn? Getting in the game just got easier. TRY TENNIS is a new North Carolina program. For more information about this program, please go to www.trytennis.net. Kick off Events for Try Tennis will be held at the following WNC locations:
- Brevard Health & Racquet Club on Saturday, April 8 at 10 am, with clinics starting Sat. April 15 at 10 am – contact Josh Vandegrift at Brevard Racquet for more information (828-883-3005)
- Hendersonville Racquet Club on Wednesday, April 26 at 6 pm, with clinics starting Wed. May 3 at 6 pm – contact Cindy Bull at Hendersonville Racquet Club for more information (828-693-0040)
- Etowah Valley Golf Resort on Saturday, May 6 […]
Congratulations to the Western NC Spring League Championship teams!
- 65 & Over – 3.5 women – Kathy Wrenn, Captain – Asheville Racquet Club South
- 65 & Over – 3.5 men – Robert Then, Captain – Red Fox Country Club
- 65 & Over – 4.0 men – Charles Brock, Captain – Asheville Racquet Club South
- 65 & Over – 4.0 women – Dottie Mattern, Captain – Hendersonville Racquet Club
- 65 & Over – 9.0 women – Lin Kolb, Captain – Brevard Health & Racquet Club
- 55 & Over – 3.0 women – Peggy Sanders, Captain – Hendersonville Racquet Club
- 55 & Over – 3.5 men –Rick Johnson, Captain – Hendersonville Racquet Club
- 55 & Over – 3.5 women – Brenda Cook, Captain – Hendersonville Racquet Club
Mixed Doubles registration to create a team is open now, closes May 20
Tri-Level registration to create a team is open now, closes May 28
Singles League registration to create a team opens May 21, closes June 18
70 & over league registration to create a team opens May 21, closes June 25
Check out the new options in our TGIF Leagues for more summer fun.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Join the WNC Tennis email list.
You will receive updates including league, tournament, and event information.